Monday, June 16, 2014

Sababa Grill, Middle Eastern food on Saint-Laurent

Walking down on Saint-Laurent, me and my SO decided we wanted Middle Eastern food, so we stopped at this cute looking joint. Through the power of google, we discover this joint is actually owned of/used to be owned by the same guys behind Rumi. Prices are decent, but food is delicious.

Labneh with Zaatar, a creamy, unctuous, zesty concoction.

Baba Ganoush, a bit sweeter than I was used too, but it is delicious nonetheless. A bit more chared before pureeing would have been nice. Still a good dish.

Aubergine, Citrus Confit. It is apparently a Jewish Marrocan dish, and it is delicious. A bit sour, a bit sweet, perfect balance.

Hummus with Lamb and mushroom. The star of the meal. It was amazing.

Missing: Mergez and a Fatoush. All was delicious. Use the labneh as a dipping sauce for the fries;)
Would return for a light snack if I'm craving Arabic food and I'm right next to it. Although they are other options for Middle Eastern food around that area of town that I am also quite fond of.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete